Monday, August 11, 2008

Not the greatest weekend!!...

We were excited to have Andy's brother Ben and his friend Jen come to visit us this last weekend. We all took a ride up to Mt. Hood so they could get some gear to ride and they went snowboarding Saturday. Saturday we went to a play about Nephi at a center not to far from our house. When we came out, our pilot had been broken into and they stole Andy's ipod, my purse, and my sunglasses. The only thing else was some diapers and wipes and I guess they didn't want those!! :) It is such a sickening feeling knowing that they have everything of mine, and all my information. My id, credit cards, money, insurance cards, gift cards,etc... I never leave my purse in the car either and I knew I wasn't going to need it so I hid it under the drivers seat, but I guess I didn't hide it well enough! So I am in the process of getting a new ID and all that fun stuff. We had some people come fix the missing drivers window today and when Andy went to take Ben and Jen to the airport, the drivers door doesn't open or close!:) Do you ever feel like sometimes when 'it rains, it pours!' Well that's how I am feeling about now. I hope they just take the money and throw the rest in the garbage or something. I have cancelled all my cards. But who knows what people can do with having my identity and personal info these days. Oh, and they took my phone so I don't have anyone's numbers. My phone number will be the same but I won't get my new phone for a couple days. So I will have to get everyone's numbers again. I am thinking that I will possibly make my blog private because of this, but I will let you know. Ughhh! It is just so frustrating!! At least no one was hurt and that's what is important!

11 comments:

Danny & Branae Porter said...

oh no rach i'm so sorry to hear that. That is so frustrating, i don't understand why people do that. ya about three couples here have gotten there cars broken into also. So i am sorry that is such a bummer! Just know that we're thinking of you and sure love you are your family.

spenceandcass said...

Hey Andy...It's Spencer. What's up? That's crazy that you have triplets! Give me a call sometime 381-4028

Kirstin said...

That is a bummer! I'm so sorry!! And what's worse is waiting at the DMV to get the Driver License.

Miche said...

I am so sorry Rachel! I agree with the pouring rain! Why can't it just drizzle and then stop.:) Good luck getting everything worked out! I will call you in a few days so you can have my number again. Hang in there.

Kori said...

Definitely not a fun experience. I can only imagine the feeling of having your ID stollen in today's world. Good luck with handling the problem.

Anonymous said...

I know who you are, and I saw what you did....just kidding it's me natalie ha..ha..ha..always a jokester! I hope things are going better. You looked frustrated on Sunday. You have been on my mind several times these last few days. I was going to call...but didn't want to end up talking to your thief! Still haven't figured out how to blog so I decided to blog on your blog. Hope things are better. Call me when your life is up and running again.
Natalie

The Stucki's said...

Rach that bites sorry!! I'm sure that things will be o.k...but that is still way rough! We'll have to call you and try and figure out what is up with our web cam so that our boys can chat. Talk to you soon.

The Idaho Shaum's said...

Rach Idaho will take you and the family any day any time. Some how me and the girls have got to figure out how to get up there and see you, I think we are the last to get up there-sorry. Hope you are recovering from you tragedy that is tuff when you feel so violated.

Amber Snow said...

Hey rachel,
that totally sucks about the purse. I look at your blog every now and again through Kassie's. I have one too so if you want to see myine and if you end up making your's private let me know or look at mine through Kassies. It looks like your kids are growing up amazing. I love the videos.

Ross and Lea said...

Hey Rachel,

That is a bummer. I am so sorry. I look at your blog off of Ky's. I hope that you don't mind. If you do end up going private I want to still be able to look at your blog if you don't mind that is. Will you add me to your list if so. Your little family is so cute. Thanks Lea

Johnstun Fam said...

Sorry about the break in, I always leave my purse in the car, guess I better change that. Good luck with getting all the damages taken care of.