Friday, April 10, 2009

DA BEACH!!!

We Finally got some awesome weather here in Oregon! And it just so happened that it was the same weekend we'd planned on heading to the coast for a few days with some longtime friends. We stayed about 3 blocks from the beach near downtown Seaside, Or. We found a cool old school beach house that had plenty of room. We ended up going out Sunday afternoon after the first session of conference and were home Monday night about 7 pm. We went on a nice walk Sunday along the beach and just relaxed. Then Monday we walked around downtown seaside in the morning, had some good food, and rode on the Carosel with the boys, then ended up at the beach all the rest of the day. The boys loved it! In fact, when we were walking back to the beach house to pack up and head home, Benson refused to leave the beach and had to be carried off the sand because he wouldn't stand up and walk himself. Too cute!
Out front of our cool beachhouse!
Our boys relaxing watching old Disney movies they'd never seen on VHS tapes in an old school VCR at the beachhouse. Those movies brought back memories of when I was a kid!
Monday morning breakfast was oatmeal and SUN SUN SUN! And the boys loved it!
Monday was alot of fun to be able to spend the whole day together as a family.
Burgers and fries was on the menu for lunchtime.
Loggan wasn't exactly cooperating during lunchtime.....so he had his daily lesson on being good from mom.
Off to the Beach we go!
Benson is going to be our beach bum for sure!
This was our scenery for the day! Beautiful!
Our cute boy Tayson!
This is Loggan trying to catch the seagull in the far left of the photo, he would have ran into the ocean if the bird hadn't have flown away.
Three boys means a lot of sand in the toes!
Our good friends Noah and Olivia, who were moving to Boise the day after we got back from the beach to start his Career. Good luck and we love you!
Needless to say.....the boys were pooped by the time we got them in the car for the drive home. It is always fun to spend time with your family, away from the normal everyday life we all live.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Jealous. Wish we were there. Rachael, Maylin misses you.

Eric and Jenny said...

That looks like a fun trip, it's always been my dream to stay in a beach house right off the ocean. Those pillowcases are so cute, when we lived in Kentucky I loved packages from my mom, she would always send such fun stuff that you normally wouldn't buy for yourslef.

Maylin said...

That beach house looks awesome and I'm so glad you guys got good weather (and didn't have to go out and buy warm jammies and sweatshirts--but I bet you brought some to be prepared). I love the top pictures of the whole fam on the beach!

Kassie said...

I LOVE that first beach picture after Benson's scolding. You should frame it and put it in your beach house, when you get one!

Billy and Nikki said...

you guys are the cutest little fam!

Tiff and Chris said...

How fun! I love the water-so much to enjoy and soak in. Your boys are so cute-even with bite marks on their cheeks. :)

Danny & Branae Porter said...

cute pictures looks like fun! I love the picture of the boys eating oatmeal! ha ha so cute...they are getting so big i can't believe it!

Lindsay said...

Stop putting such cute pictures of your boys on your blog! They are too cute! I miss them and am so jealous that I am not babysitting them right now! I bet grandma and your mom are having the time of their life, are you aware of the harness's?