Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter Egg Hunt

Happy Easter Everyone!
I love being a Dad. I absolutly love my boys to death, they are so much fun for me and often find myself each day thanking my heavenly father for each one of them, how different they are, and the joy they bring me and Rachel. (And for my beautiful wife for taking care of them all day.)
Easter is one of my favortie holidays. This morning we headed down at Glenn Otto Park here in Troutdale for their easter egg hunt, it was chilly out, but nice that the rain held out for us to get out and let the boys have some fun. This is the second year in a row that weve gone there with the boys, so its cool to know we have a easter tradition now, even if its only 2 years running....

Loggan Waiting right at the front for the horn to sound.

Patiently waiting for the moment to come!

The anticipation was killing this kid! Just look at his face.

So heres a breakdown of how the boys did; Benson had his basket full within about a minute, He understood when we told him to get tons and tons of eggs. Loggan did just as good, and he actually found a GOLDEN EGG! And boy did his eyes light up! Funny thing was when we turned the Golden Egg in for a prize, they handed him......A HUGE CHOCOLATE BUNNY!(Loggan absolutely HATES chocolate.....I honestly saw him gag once when he ate some on accident.)Needless to say, its still in his basket here at the house, untouched. Tayson did his own thing rather than listen to our advice to grab as many eggs as he could, he'd grab a few eggs, wandered around alittle, then grab a few more. He too found a Golden Egg, and was tickled with the chocolate, he loves chocolate. and would not let go of it when we tried to put him into the car to leave, The poor bunnys one ear was melted inside the wrapper from where Tayson had a death grip on it. We loved going out with the boys and seeing their smiling faces.

This was about a minute in and Benson was already full.

Rachel trying to steer Tayson towards a few more eggs.

Three happy boys!!!

Then, when we got home, for the next hour or so, they tried to empty out their entire baskets and eat all their candy at once, we actually had to take their remaining candy and baskets away from them and put them on top of the cabinets were they couldn't possibly get to them(and believe me, they TRIED! That is the only safe place in our house.) They tried every excuse to get us to get them down. Ex:"Dad, I just want to hold my basket, I wont eat anything." Sometimes its amazing how much my kids remind me of myself when i was young. I love being a Dad.

3 comments:

Pieces of me... said...

I've never heard of a child who didn't like chocolate! But hey, it's probably a good thing. Sometimes I wish I didn't like chocolate so much ;) What a fun easter, especially to find the "Golden Egg"!

Ben + Brittany Trujillo said...

Looks like the boys had a great time. Love that tj. I also love loggans boots! Sickies.

Holly said...

What cute boys:) I'm glad they had a good time!