Friday, June 11, 2010
1 Month Old!!
Where has time gone?! Today Parker is one month old!! It is a joy having him in our family! He does really well with nursing...5-7 mins and he's done! I was a little worried at first but at his 2 week appt he had gained almost a pound and a half after leaving the hospital so the doctor told me not to worry and that it is probably a blessing that he is a fast nurser so that I can take care of the boys! It has been a little bit harder getting him onto a schedule than it was with the boys. They had two weeks at the hospital being put on a schedule and Parker had just me. It is mostly just the napping that is hard for him because he has three brothers running and screaming all over the house! He's just going to have to get used to it though! He loves to be held and he loves to cuddle. He smiles a lot and I know it is probably from gas but sometimes it seems like you can really get him to smile. He was born at 8 lb 5 oz and at his 2 wk he was 9 lb 5 oz and he is still growing. The boys just love him and want to hold him (Tayson sometimes pokes and prods him more than wanting to hold him) but they just love their Parker Dee. Whenever anyone asks what his name is they always say Parker Dee not just Parker, it's really cute.
So what have we been up to?...
Well my mom came up the day Parker was born and was here for 10 days! What a help she was!! What would I do without my mother!! She took the boys out every day by herself for a couple of hours so that I could rest. They visited Kohls, Costco, McDonalds, park after park after park, and then back again. She even had time to show me how to make some necklaces (which I still haven't finished:() The boys loved having her here and can't wait to see her in a little over a month!!
Then we had wonderful people from our ward that brought us dinners!! We are so blessed to be in a church that people really take care of others. It may seem like something so small but it meant a lot to us and made my life just a little easier. So Thank You!
Andy has still been as busy as ever with work and his calling in church. He was just released as the Young Mens president in our ward and put in as 2nd counselor in the Stake Young Mens. He is really excited and I am excited because now I will have help to get everyone ready on Sunday mornings. And with me being the Primary president it makes it so things are just a little less hectic on Sundays.
We have also had Andy's Mom, Mark, and Amy here to visit. That has been really fun to. They have taken the boys to Fort Vancouver and to a farm here by the house where they mailed a post card, played with hay bails, and they also went to a pet store. They have been a help too so that I am able to get things done and sometimes get a rest. We love having family in town and our boys love it as well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment