Sunday, December 16, 2007

The Christmas Spirit!

Christmas time is Our Favorite time of year! This is our first real Christmas with the boys because last year wasn't Christmas at all due to the fact they'd just come home from the hospital and they were eating about every 3 hours or so, and it took about an hour to a hour and a half to do each feeding, so needless to say, our sleep was non-existent. So this year has been a lot of fun with the boys, we've tried to start a lot of new traditions for our family and do a lot of Christmas stuff. I finally talked Rachel into letting us get a real Christmas Tree. It was a lot of fun going and picking it out and bringing it home and putting the lights on it, and we love the smell! We were scared the boys would yank it over or get into it, but all and all, they've been afraid of it for the most part. And as a example are the next few photos of Benson and how his little brain is hard at work on how he can touch the tree........but not touch the tree......because he's afraid to "touch it." He's a smart little boy, that is for sure! Just like his daddy! Rachel was wrapping presents and ran out of paper, and TAH-DAH! Benson had his little plan in place! And Rachel could not believe our little boy! What a smarty pants! We went to our Ward Christmas Party last night, and Santa decided to show up, we were wondering how the boys would react to him. But they all did great and their first of many meetings with Old Saint Nick went wonderfully. Today we added to our Christmas Spirit by making a Gingerbread house. It was a full blown ordeal because we just bought the kit from Cosco that had all the fixins, including the icing in there with set by set instructions. The Boys chowed down on their very own Gingerbread man while Rachel and I dove into the home building ordeal. It was a lot of fun and we got some great photos. Loggan really doesn't like his picture taken, as you can tell from below. Tayson was super happy to not have to share with his brothers, He loved every minute of it!
While Loggan hates photos, Benson LOVES to get his picture taken. He too devoured his little man.
The finished product
Christmas time is our favorite time of year. Mainly because we get to be with our families and spend time together.

5 comments:

Kori said...

I love your Christmas traditons. You guys are such amazing parents. The boys are so cute. Don't spoil them too much this year!

Maylin said...

What a funny guy, that Benson, figuring to touch the tree with the cardboard tube! And I love your gingerbread house!

Jessie said...

im so glad you posted so many new pics! cool gingerbread house! i wanna make one next year!

Kris said...

You have a beautiful family! I don't know if you remember us. We were in the same ward at WSU and both went to NHS as well. Anyway, congratulations on the triplets! I can only imagine how busy you are. Take care!

-Kristina

Ashley S. said...

Hey Rachel. I have been trying to get a hold of you, and I ran into sharon. She told me about your blog. I am sorry we lost touch, but your family is beautiful. Check out my blog.. www.thesylviasite.blogspot.com Hope all is well. -Ashley Sylvia