Sunday, December 30, 2007

SNOW SNOW SNOW!

The Mountains have been getting hammered with snow here lately, luckily Ben and I were able to get up to Mt Hood Meadows yesterday and enjoy it! We had a great time finding some new terrain, a few cliffs, and some awesome tree lines out of bounds, here are the photos. Here are a few photos of a natural jump we found while going through a tree run, it came out of this gully and dropped right into another on the other side(which is were we took the photos). Heres a few photos of me messing around at the bottom of the run Small cliff I tried, pretty fun!
Powder ALL DAY LONG! This was a cliff we found out of bounds through our tree run, it was pretty gnarly, we had to pack out the run-in, speed check a few times, and honestly, we were goind SO slow to go off it, just creepin! Manily because if you went too fast you'd land clear in the flats and probably go a extra 30 feet. It was fun to hit because it's been a long time since I was that gripped to hit something, it was scary before and my adrenaline was going, but it felt so good afterwards!
Me standing at the top, deciding wheather or not to hit this thing.
Me on the way down..... And next run, it was Ben's turn.
Ben made it look easy! I should be a pro photographer with this sequence of him! Bens Landing Me standing at the top of a tree line we did too. you can also see our cliff we hit and our line we creeped down to hit it, its the flat deck in the upper left middle.
Ben at the top of the same tree line I just went through, a close up of him then a normal so you can see it all.
All and all it was a great day, it snowed all day, was super crowded, and took us like 2 1/2 hours to get home due to slide offs and traffic. But obviously by the photos, it was worth it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OUT OF BOUNDS! The Bub says: "Not good".

Kim Millard said...

I am so jealous! Who do you get to watch your boys so you can take off for a whole day? This is the first season I won't be able to ski since I was about 6 years old. Poor me! The down side of being pregnant in the winter (well just one of them because I could give you an entire list of others...ha ha).

Skye said...

Small world, I just saw Sara and cleaned Todd's teeth today at school and I gave them my info to give to you. I was looking at Taylor & Jena Hendry's blog (Jena is Erik's cousin) and found a link to you. I've been wondering how you are surviving with those 3 boys! I am hoping to have all boys, I think it would be so much fun. Anyways take care and write back when you get a chance.

Unknown said...

Hey girl How are you? This is Heather Hodo, but used to be Heather Chard!! Anyway super cute family you have. Hope things are well. TTYL Heather