Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Good News...Bad News...

I am excited that in a week and a half Andy and I are off to HAWAII!!!! ALOHA!!! We are going with my cousin Lindsay and her husband Dave. I am super excited is all I can say. I am in need of a vacation, not that I don't love taking care of the boys because I wouldn't trade it for the world, but it will be nice to relax for a few days. Thanks to my Mom and Grandma who are coming to take care of the boys while we're gone!! We couldn't do it without you!! Now the bad news...Hope my mom and grandma can take care of sick boys! All three boys have had colds and little coughs for the last week and I thought they were getting better until last night Loggan started to have coughing fits. It continued this morning so I took him to the doctor today and he has RSV!! It seems like he just keeps getting worse as the day goes on. It is so sad to watch him coughing so hard and there is nothing we can do. He is on an inhaler but try giving an inhaler to a 15 month old! He freaks out and screams even more and then the coughing gets worse! The doctor says it should last about 6 days and then get better but I am sure the other two are not going to be far behind. I feel bad leaving if the boys are sick so I hope we can get them all through the cycle and starting recovery before we leave, otherwise it will be hard to enjoy the much anticipated/needed vacation!!

8 comments:

Jessie said...

That isn't good news......it's GREAT NEWS!!! haha, that is so exciting!! Im so jealous! How fun!! That will give you a little reset that we all need once in a while. You will have an awesome time but you'll miss your boys that when you get home you will be ready to take care of them again!
How long are u going for? Take lots of pics :) hopefully Andy's Knee will be better.

Jessie said...

And the boys will be better too!

Brooke and Aaron said...

Your blogs make me nervous! How do you handle 3 sick babies!!! Wow, I never even thought of that, all sick at the same time! =) But your trip sounds fun. I'm sure you deserve it. And answering your question, nope I've never heard of the ICU policies. So please feel me in!!! =)

Dani said...

I am sure your mom and grandma can handle the boys, sick or not. They raised kids of their own, who apparently survived. :) Relax and enjoy your much deserved break! PS... when am I babysitting for you?

Kassie said...

Oh Rach! They will at least be on the upswing by next week! I just know it! Have a great vacation!

Brian and Amber said...

Have so much fun in Hawaii!! I am soo jealous... :)

Nate and Heidi said...

Hey Rachel! Lucky you- Hawaii! Your kids are so darn cute! Hope the RSV is getting better-

Melissa said...

hey - drop me an email with your address so we can send you an announcement of our little girl!

jboswell@lawschool.gonzaga.edu