Sunday, May 4, 2008

Three wide.....and a $260 dollar cardboard box!

Tayson gets mad everytime we get in the car, he's still been in a rear facing seat because he's the lightest one of the three, he hates the fact that he's not like his brothers in front facing seats and that he can't see anything. So yesterday we headed out to look for a new front facing car seat for Him, and MAN are they expensive! We went into Baby's-R-Us and found one we liked, but it was $300 BUCKS! What a shock! SO we talked with a sales person there and she was nice enough to give us a coupon for 15% off, we figured that was a good deal, so thanks Babys-R-Us! We also bought about 300 diapers for the next few weeks(hopefully they last that long.) So, needless to say, between our double AND single stroller, the new seat in its huge box, and two cases of diapers, we were crammed.
Thankfully, Andy's sister, Jen, gave us two of her old seats that Loggan and Benson have been using, so that was a big help in not having to buy three of these things! Here are a few photos of the boys playing with their new toy, a very expensive box... and the new seat also (the brown one.) Now we've got three seats in the middle row of our Honda Pilot, so all three boys will be facing the front. What a family!

4 comments:

Tiff and Chris said...

Wow! I remember playing in boxes (I don't know why they are so fascinating, but it just is). When I have kids I will be sure NOT to complain of how much one carseat costs...I can't imagine having to buy three of everything! What a great deal though, way to bargain!

Kim Millard said...

I agree with you about the expensive car seats, it is ridiculous. We have the black one just like yours because it 'matched' Miles car, when he had his WRX. I can't imagine 3 in one car, you are the woman!

Kassie said...

Rachel, I seriously can't even imagine... :^)

Kori said...

Very impressive and mind boggling.
Our car is soon to be very similar, just with one rear facing, one front facing, and one booster seat!