Tuesday, February 17, 2009

January in a nutshell...

So now that I am updated on December here comes January...We came back from our vacation and my mom flew back with me. While my mom was here we painted our downstairs! It looks great!! Thanks to my mom for all her help and for her portable dvd player to entertain the boys! It worked wonders! We painted the walls a tan color and the fireplace a dark brown. I will have to take pics and post them. I was also busy with my calling which I don't think I ever posted, 2nd Counselor in the Primary! I love it. But surprising enough I do kindof miss my calling as Gospel Doctrine teacher. I just really learned a lot and studied a lot too. But I love working with the children of our ward. So the month of January was my month for Sharing times, so all my extra time went to that. Which reminds me, I had to go get some stuff at Deseret Book, which is over by the Temple, so the boys and I made a trip of it when it was a nice day. We went to Deseret Book and then got some lunch and ate on the temple grounds. Then I had to go buy some other church things and the lady working there looked at the boys and said "so the two dark haired are yours?" In my mind I am thinking 'yeah and I just picked up a stragler on the way!' but I said "no they are all mine, they are triplets" and she says "They are? the one in the back looks younger(Tayson)" Me: "Yes they are triplets, he is just smaller" We then leave and walk around the temple grounds. The boys loved it! They kept saying 'Mountain'. It was so amazing because the only places they really see mountains is in Utah and I didn't even think they knew what a mountain was. But they would just look at it and say, "Wow, Mountain" That must be why it is called The Mountain of the Lord. It was just a precious moment! Next off, some of Andy's family came into town. His mom, sister, brother and 2 nephews. We loved having them here! I thought we had taken pictures but I looked and I don't have any, sorry. Andy and Ben went snowboarding most of the time and the rest of us, played outside, went to the waterfalls, and just played around. The boys loved having their cousins to play with. It is always fun when family visits. So that is January in a nut shell...So now hopefully I can try to catch up a little better...I will try to post some random pics later...

1 comment:

The Idaho Shaum's said...

Rachel I just get tired reading your blog. I don't know how you do it you are amazing. I can't believe you ventured out with the boys but glad you had a great experience at the temple that is a good place to be!