I know it has been a long time since I have posted!! So much has happened that it is almost overwhelming to try to post about but I will do my best to get updated on the last 5+ weeks!! (I know, sad!!)
So we went to Utah for Christmas and that was a lot of fun!! We were just lucky we made it there! We were supposed to leave on the 23rd of December at 6 o'clock. But remember it was in the middle of the big snow storm here in Portland and flights were being cancelled left and right. We checked and our flight was on time. We checked again right before we left and it said delayed to 10 pm. Okay, that's okay I'm thinking at least we are getting out of here. Then we get to the airport and it now says delayed-12:15 am!! And I am thinking this is going to be the best day of my life!! NOT!! So we got to the airport around 3:30 and we just wait around and watch movies and all that fun stuff. Then we check on the flight status again...2:45 am. Are you kidding me!! Are boys finally fell asleep at Benson-12:30, Tayson-1:30 and Loggan 2 am!! The plane arrives and we have to wake them up to get on the plane. Can I just say NIGHTMARE!!! There was a very kind family with some teenage boys who helped us with everything! Thank you to them! Benson is with Andy and I have the other two. We get them all strapped in and Loggan is out. Tayson is screaming because he is sooo tired, who isn't right!? And Benson just wants me so he is screaming as well. So finally we decide to trade and I would take Benson and Loggan would go with Andy. So now I have two screaming children and Andy and Loggan are over on the other side trying to go to sleep. The flight attendent gets on and says that they now have to de-ice the plane! I am not kidding you, I started laughing, I wanted to cry and my boys are still screaming!! Finally they turn off the lights and my boys are OUT!!! We get to Utah at 6 am the next morning. I tried to stay positive...at least we got out and we didn't sit there all that time just for them to cancel it! So all in all we were just lucky we made it to Utah....So we slept for a few hours and then the running around began...
We went to my grandma's for Christmas Eve, the boys opened presents and played with all their cousins. Christmas morning was great. We finally had to wake the boys up at 9! They were still trying to re-coop for our airport adventure. They each opened one present from Santa and then their stockings. Then we were off to Andy's sisters house for breakfast and more presents. The boys just loved opening presents and loved playing with their cousins and their dogs. Then we came back up and let the boys sleep while my family exchanged gifts. This year it had to be from a garage sale or DI or something!! We got our brother-in-law a crystal making set! It was hilarious!! My brother got a bowling ball with a girls name on it! There was jackets from high school, workout videos, and all sorts of fun stuff!! Now we just have to decide on what to do for next year....Maybe something from an infomercial!! Next, off we went to Andy's aunts to visit his family and we always have such a fun time there. They are some of the kindest and nicest people I know. I only wish we could see them more so we could get to know them better. Then off we went to my other grandparents for christmas dinner. My grandpa always makes sleighs out of candy and he did an excellent job this year. (I hope I have a picture to show) And while we are inside, Willard is getting hit with a huge snow storm. We come outside and everything is covered in snow and I mean a lot of snow. They had shut down the freeway so we had to take the side roads and we could maybe see a car length in front of us. But we made it home!!
The next night my parents bought us tickets to "The Savior of the World" play at the conference center. My sister was in it so that was fun to see. I love the play and I learn something new every time I see it. This time I came away realizing what an amazing task it would have been to be Mary and have to teach and disipline the Son of God. He was a child and probably got into things he shouldn't have or things like that, but I need to treat my children how I would treat the Son of God because they are SONS of GOD!
The next day was picture day!! Pictures with all of my mom's side of the family! Total 51!! We were all there and the pictures looked great. We had lunch at Maddox and spent a little of time with everyone before they had to head back home to Idaho. I love it when our families get together because we all get along and have so much fun together... That night we met up with my cousins that were still in town and went to dinner and then went back to my grandmas to play games!! Good times! Then Andy came back home that Monday and the rest of us ended up getting sick for the last couple of days. We did manage to see our friend Brittany, who used to help watch the boys, and her husband to get them their wedding present. Almost 6 months late! But it was really good to see family and spend time with everyone. We had fun sledding and just hanging out with everyone. But I don't know when we will fly again with the experience we had and the cost too! Heres a few pics from our trip...
5 comments:
Wow, I just want to cry for you, that flight sounds awful, I just can't even imagine! Glad it was worth it though and you had a fun trip.
You poor thing! Thank goodness they finally turned off the lights. I love all the pictures, it looks like y'all had an awesome time. And you got to see snow...I have no snow, only hail in San Antonio :(
Flying with kids is a nightmare. i couldn't imagine three at that time in the morning. You did better than I would have. I am sad that we didn't make it to Utah. We were really excited. Stinken flu! Hopefully this year. Your boys are adorable. It looks like you had a good Christmas.
I Love the pics! It was so fun to see you guys...eventhough it wasn't for very long.
I bought this kit for the bouncy balls at walmart...it you send me your address, I'll mail one to you! I know the boys would love it! malissa_randy_johnson@yahoo.com
Wow 51!! I can't wait to be a part of a family that big some day! For now, Sophia is still the only grandchild! You are lucky to be able to take so many trips down to see them :)
Post a Comment