Sunday, May 17, 2009

Boston: Day 4

Day 4, which was Saturday, Rachel and I, along with Spence and his family headed out near Concord, Ma. On April 19 1775 was where the Revolutionary war officially started at the North bridge. (for more info, click here.) Our timing couldn't have been better for our trip to Boston, we where their over patriots day, which in Boston, the whole city shuts down. So we got to see some official reinactments of the revolutionary war and the British troops trip from the North Bridge in Concord, Ma back to Boston, which at the time, was under Bristish command. The photos speak for themselves and makes you think about what others had to go through for our benefit today. Enjoy.
Our nephews, Truman, Talmage, and Taede
The Red coats are coming!

This Video is pretty long, but its cool if you want to watch it.

If anyone enjoys history, you need to read the book 1776 by David McCullough. I listen to alot of books on tape as Im driving around during the week. I got the CDs of the book off of HALF.COM for like 10 bucks, and really look forward to being in my car so I can listen to this book, Its awesome and Ive learned a ton about American History. Its a good one so check it out.

We then headed to Bunker Hill, which is north of downtown Boston and overlooks the whole city,we've all heard of Bunker Hill in history class or somewhere, so it was cool to now actually know why its inportant in history, for more info click here.

What a cute couple!

This is a view from the top of the monument. You can see where the Celtics play, and the Boston Downtown area.

That cute boy is our nephew, Talmage.

1 comment:

Miche said...

what an AMAZING trip. I am jealous.