On Day 5, which was Sunday, we went to Church with Spence and his family, then visited some Church Historical Sites. Then Monday, which was Patriots Day, we drive about a mile from where Spence lived and Watched the Boston Marathon take place, and I have to say that it was a very inspiring experience! We got to see the Womens and Mens Leaders go by, and slowly the street stared filling with runners. and after alittle bit the whole street was full, from one side to another, with people running the 26 miles. And it stayed that way for probably a good hour when we left. So many people who'd spend so much time training for this race. It almost made me want to run a marathon now too!
How inspiring is this! Double amputee! Amazing....
No Joke, it looked like this for close to a hour or so.
2 comments:
Wow! That is alot of runners! You know seeing that man with no legs and running a marathon is down right inspiring... I will NEVER again say, "I could never run a marathon." I'll only say, "I'm too lazy to train for one!" :)
oh my goodness!! i think i see my grandpa! lol no, really, he ran in that marathon! that is awesome, what a nice vacation you guys had :)
~jessie o
it was nice catching up the other day! i hope you will have success with the grocery game
Post a Comment